Safai Sena needs your support
in many ways. Here are some:
- The most important way is by telling all your friends and family
about how important waste pickers are for India. As a teacher, you
can teach students, or as a parent, you can tell your children. As
a citizen, tell everyone who can. You can learn about our importance
- The second way is to give us things in your house that you will
no longer use. We can re-use your old goods and share them, and preventing
them from being wasted or lying unused.
- The third way is to join any system of doorstep waste collection
that exists in your colony. Most doorstep collectors were once waste
pickers, and they need your waste and co-operation to improve their
- The forth way is to segregate your waste. At the least, give the
waste collector broken blades, glass etc. separately so she or he
does not cut her hands and suffer.
- The fifth way is to help us be healthy. If you are a doctor, we
will organize a health camp for you to help us.
- The sixth way is to work with us and help us learn some skills.
We want to learn to read and speak English, make new objects out
of waste, learn to speak in public and to the public, and many other
things. If you have the time, please phone us and help us.
- Finally, you can simply donate to our corpus, which we use when
the entire core leadership agrees we cannot do without making the
expense. We try to keep our expenses to a minimum, and our work is
based on our collective volunteering.
You also can donate us through cheque and cash. You will
have to make a cheque in the name of “Safai Sena Welfare
Foundation” and post it Safai Sena Post Office Number